Change in Cancellation Policy
From now until the end of September, I have changed my cancellation policy from 14 days to 5 days. This will allow you to wait longer to make the decision on whether or not to travel. If I took a deposit at the time of your booking, you have three choices for getting your money back. You can get a full refund, convert it to a gift certificate or to receive a voucher for a future stay. If you booked through Expedia or one of their affiliates, you have paid in full and will get your money back.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
1. I will be reducing my maximum occupancy from 10 people (5 rooms) to 6 people (3 rooms). Because of some early reservations there will be one or two days with 8 people. Otherwise, 6 is the maximum.
2. Each guest room has a private, en-suite bathroom. You will not be sharing a bathroom with any other guests.
3. All guest rooms and common areas will have sanitizing stations. I will regularly sanitize all items (such as light switches, door knobs, remote controls, etc) that will be touched by multiple people.
4. When you arrive, you will choose a table in the breakfast room. This table will be yours exclusively the entire time you are here. You can use this table for anything such as breakfast, carry- in lunch and/or dinner, playing games, computer work, etc.
5. The McFarland Inn is perfectly situated for social distancing. The common areas are a living room, a guest lounge (i.e. family room), breakfast room, backyard deck, and wrap around front porch. There is no need to stay in your room in order to be a safe distance from people.
6. For the rest of the year, I will not offer a buffet breakfast. Guests will order off of a small menu each day and served individually. If you choose not to eat in the breakfast room, you will have the option of eating in your room or outside on the back deck.
7. There is a common refrigerator in the guest lounge. Each guest room will have a designated tote to use for items you wish to store in the fridge. All complementary snacks will be individually wrapped.
8. As always, each guest room will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized every day.
9. Guests, staff or visitors who exhibit any signs of illness such as cough or fever will not be allowed on the premises.